Working at a summer camp can be demanding – we’ve outlined a few of our job requirements below. However, we believe the rewards outweigh the challenges. Your Pretty Lake Camp experience will be among the most satisfying and rewarding summers you will ever have.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and standards of performance:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and provide self-direction and initiative.
- Ability to work with co-workers, volunteers, children and families of diverse backgrounds in a friendly, respectful and courteous manner.
- Ability to stay calm and perform under stressful situations.
- Ability to identify, plan, anticipate and organize needed work and tasks to be completed for the camp’s benefit.
- Ability to interpret the camp’s mission to children and families, donors, volunteers and the general public.
Physical, mental and sensory standards
- Staff must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk for significant distances; repeatedly bend, lift and carry up to 75 pounds at times.
- Reading, writing, planning and problem-solving required.
- Ability to read information in handwritten or printed form, and ability to communicate with peers, supervisors, volunteers, children and families in person, on a radio or by phone.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment.
- Work can be stressful, constant and loud.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions.
- There is limited time alone during camp sessions.
Think you have what it takes?
Become a member of our team! We have many summer staff positions available this year. Fill out our online application form, or download our application PDF and return it to us via fax, mail or e-mail. A member of the Pretty Lake Camp will contact you for an interview.