Stuff the Camper Fundraiser
The fundraiser for 2017 will take place on April 26!
The Rocker, Haylett RV & Auto Supercenter, Johnson Family Dentistry, and Harding’s are teaming up along with you to provide more than 800 kids with the essentials they need to attend Pretty Lake Camp this summer. An RV (“camper”) will be stationed at Harding’s Marketplace on West Main & Drake in Kalamazoo from 6am to 6pm where items and donations can be dropped off to Pretty Lake Camp Staff.
We are looking to “stuff the camper” with items we need for our campers:
- Financial Support
- Underwear for 8-14 year old girls and boys (briefs), athletic socks, bathing suits
- Toothbrush covers, hair brushes, combs, large bottles of shampoo
- Sports bras (all sizes)
- Bug spray (family size)
- Sunscreen (family size SPF 30+)
- Outdoor gear: youth swim googles, life jackets, kick balls, bike helmets, flashlights
- Arts & craft supplies: Lanyards, shiny gold spray paint, construction paper, perler beads/shape boards
How can you help? You can download the flyer above and run a donation drive at your workplace, school, or club during the month of April, and then drop off your items and donations during the event. Come out and celebrate with WRKR and the Pretty Lake Staff! If you can’t participate but would like to, we invite you to make a gift online, mail us your contribution, or contact us about dropping off donations. Your tax-deductible donations will help children from the greater Kalamazoo area be able to attend camp this year at NO COST. Help give kids the chance to “be kids.”
Mike & Stefani from the Rocker Morning show will be broadcasting live beginning at 6am, so stop out, say hi, and make a difference in the life of a child!
Thank you for supporting Pretty Lake Camp for more than 100 years!