COVID-19 Resources for Camp Parents
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation in partnership with our local health department, the State of Michigan, and Federal Government. Please understand that while each camper is focused on their specific session – we are focused on ensuring all 8 sessions happen successfully. If each week campers and camper families can follow our procedures, we can successfully complete the summer of 2022. If you feel these guidelines are not right for you or your camper, we encourage you to consider if attending is the best decision.
Here’s what we have planned so far:
- We strongly encourage all eligible campers, staff, camper family members – really anyone – get vaccinated. We are not requiring it at this time, but with the medical conditions we see in our campers, it makes sense to strongly recommend that this preventative step is taken.
- We are planning to run each session with 90 campers per week.
- We will run arrival and departure with limited access to buildings, pre-arrival phone calls, and a much shorter process.
- We will send home campers we suspect of having COVID.
- We will continue enhanced cleaning procedures as it keeps our camper and staff healthier overall.
- We will continue to use high quality air filters and will continue to air out buildings on cooler days when AC is not needed.
COVID-19 Resource Links for Camp Parent
- Pretty Lake Camp’s COVID-19 Response Plan
- American Camp Association COVID-19 Resources for Parents
- State of Michigan Licensing and Regulatory Affairs: Guidelines for Camp Operations During COVID-19
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Suggestions for Youth & Summer Camps
- Kalamazoo County Health Department COVID-19 Resources
Get more information
For more information on attending our free summer camp program please fill out the form below.