Transforming Life through Experiential Learning!Department of Educational Programming & Development
Educational Programming & Development
Our educational department can bring your lessons to life through experiential learning programs that cultivate students’ sense of confidence so they can thrive. We invite students to expand their comfort levels by providing opportunities to identify physical, social, and emotional challenges that may block personal achievement. We invite them to reflect on their experiences, take healthy risks, and build knowledge in collaboration with their peers. We encourage self-discovery and social awareness in order to build the foundation for success as part of a healthy community in a diverse society.
The Michigan Career Development Model strongly recommends outdoor educational experiences during the school year.
We follow the Experiential Learning Approach, which refers to the process in which students engage in hands-on activities and reflect on their experiences. Learning is considered experiential when the following four elements are present:
- Experience: A designed learning experience that includes the possibility to learn from natural consequences, mistakes, and successes.
- Reflection: The critical analysis and synthesis of the experience.
- Thinking: The opportunities to engage intellectually, creatively, emotionally, socially, or physically.
- Action: The opportunities to take initiative, make decisions, and be accountable for the results.
This process allows students to connect knowledge with actions and results, and further make adjustments for continuous growth.
Our programs are specially designed to support students’ social and emotional learning.
- Elementary, middle, and high school students
- Sport teams
- Teachers and school staff
- Come to us or we come to you!
- We offer half-day (4 hours), full-day (8 hours), and overnight programs
- All seasons programming
- Meal services
- Overnight accommodations (Retreat center, cabins, and yurts and tent campsites for overnight programming)
- Indoor and outdoor rope courses and climbing towers.
- Variety of outdoor activities (kayaking, fishing, hiking, archery, low and high rope courses, group games).