Looking for the ultimate job? Please look below for our current job openings at Pretty Lake. Being a staff member at Pretty Lake is a unique and rewarding opportunity for many reasons, and you’ll have a chance to spend your time in the great outdoors with other talented, fun, and creative people.
Positions Currently Available:
Adventure Centre Facilitator
The Adventure Centre challenges individuals, teams, and organizations to expand their self-confidence, trust, and leadership skills through a variety of outdoor adventure learning activities. As southwest Michigan’s leader in facilitated low ropes courses, high ropes courses, climbing towers, and team building experiences, joining our team will allow you to combine industry-leading programming in an inspiring environment.
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Part-Time hours are available year-round (with seasonal availability)
- Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, psychology, recreation management, or similar program.
- Basic understanding of concepts relating to human and group development.
- Ability to work with all Pretty Lake staff and customers of diverse ages and backgrounds, providing information an services in a friendly, respectful and courteous manner.
- Leadership experience and the ability to communicate in a clear and understandable fashion to participants and other staff members is required
- Able to effectively communicate in appropriate manner in the programming environment with or with out accommodation.
- Ability to stay calm and perform work under high stress situations.
- Performs work in a logical, orderly, timely and skillful manner.
- Well organized, self-motivated with the ability to work independently or in group settings
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding organizational, personnel, client, and customer information is required.
- Current CPR and Standard First-Aid certification is preferred.
- Knowledge and past experience working with farm animals preferred.
The Adventure Centre Part-Time Facilitator is responsible for working with the staff of the Adventure Centre (AC) to implement safe and effective experiential education programs. These responsibilities are conducted according to the organization’s policies, procedures, and all local/state/federal regulations and laws.
The Adventure Centre Part-Time Facilitator thoroughly prepares for all programs while ensuring site and equipment readiness prior to and after each program. He/she is responsible to facilitate experiential activities while maintaining the physical and emotional safety of the clients. In addition to programming, he/she is also responsible to maintain the general upkeep of the site (including activity sites, ropes courses, & campsites). The Seasonal Facilitator must be prepared to work a varied schedule including weekends, nights, overnights, and extended weeks.