Prepare for Adventure
Be Prepared for the Adventure Centre
Are you attending an Adventure Centre event? That’s great! Here’s how to be prepared for your experience:
Before the start of your Adventure Centre experience, each participant in your group will need to fill out a medical information form and waiver of liability:
What to Bring
Most Adventure Centre programs are outdoors, so it is important to be prepared for the weather.
Participants must bring emergency medication including but not limited to inhalers, epi-pens, glucose tablets, VNS magnet or any medication needed during the time of the program.
Warm Weather Tips
Footwear: Hiking boots and athletic shoes are great.
- NO open toed shoes, water shoes, Crocs.
- It is important that your shoe is secure on your feet
- Dress comfortably for lots of activity and movement
- Dress appropriately for the weather (we do programming rain or shine).
- Insect repellent
- A poncho, rain coat, or other waterproof jacket
- Hat and/or sunglasses
- A backpack to carry your things
- A water bottle that you can refill.
- Snack to eat during breaks
Cold weather tips
Footwear: Wet, cold feet are miserable and dangerous. The best option for your feet is warm and waterproof.
- Insulated boots, hiking boots, and muck boots are all good options.
- Athletic shoes, street shoes, and fuzzy shoes can be dangerous and cold.
Clothing: Please dress in layers and bring extra clothing.
- Bring layers wool and synthetic fleece are better than cotton
- Heavy wool or synthetic socks, one or more sock changes are a must
- Pants layered over long underwear or tights is a good option
- Snow gloves, a warm hat, a thick warm jacket, hand warmers,
- A backpack to carry your needs
- Warm drink if possible
- A bottle of water is still a necessity
- Snacks to eat during breaks
Overnight planning tips
Whether you are staying in a tent, yurt, cabin, or Retreat Centre please plan accordingly.
- Sleeping bag / blankets; unless we are providing linens for you
- Small towel, unless we are providing linens for you
- Medications you may need
- An extra WARM layer; nights get chilly
- Chargers for electronics; tents and yurts do not have electricity
- Please do not bring food in tent/yurts there is a storage bin provided at campsite
Contact Pretty Lake Camp
Get more information on attending our free kids summer camp, or planning an amazing event at the Pretty Lake Adventure Center.